Updated January 06, 2010
Introduction: Consent to Terms
- The contents of the ET2020 Web Sites are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The contents of the ET2020 Web Sites, including Content Feeds, products and other features of the ET2020 Web Sites, are owned by or licensed to
Environment Technology 2020 Co.; and/or content providers. In the case of User Materials (as defined in the "User Materials" section below), the contents are licensed to ET2020 by the user. You may not reproduce, distribute, republish,
upload, transmit, display, prepare derivative works, publicly perform, sell, transfer, assign, license or use for commercial purposes any copyrighted material on the ET2020 Web Sites without the prior written consent of Environment
- You may copy, download one copy on a single computer, and print a limited amount of content, for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that (a) you include without modification all copyright and other proprietary notices
contained in the content, (b) you do not modify the content, (c) you do not use the content in a manner that suggests ET2020 promotes or endorses your, or any third party's, causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, and (d) you do not
use the content in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity. In addition, you may use widgets and tools on the ET2020 Web Sites that allow selected User Materials to appear on your personal, noncommercial web site,
weblog or other application, subject to the conditions in the preceding sentence.
You may use the Content Feeds, ET2020 products, and other features of the ET2020 Web Sites only
- Any other use of ET2020 content requires prior written permission from Environment Technology 2020 Co. For permission requests, visit our permissions page. For information regarding the purchase of transcripts, visit our transcripts page.
- Environment Technology 2020 ®, ET2020®, ET2020 products names, logos and other Content Provider names and logos, are service marks of Environment Technology 2020 Co., its members or the producers of the materials or other content.
All rights are reserved by the respective owners. You may not use any ET2020-provided service marks, logos or graphics, without ET2020's prior written consent, except that you shall have the right, and obligation, to use anyET2020, ET2020
Member or other Content, Products or service mark or logo included in, or required to be used in connection with, ET2020 products, Content Feeds, or other functionalities of the ET2020 Web Sites, subject to the requirements set forth in
- Through the ET2020 portion of the Service, through the Contact Us page, and through other features of the NPR Web Sites, users may post, upload, transmit and/or otherwise submit ("Submit") comments, messages, other text, photos,
images, story ideas, essays, and other content and materials, and make recommendations, on or through the ET2020 Web Sites ("User Materials"). You acknowledge that User Materials may be routed through our servers, the servers of one or
more third parties on our behalf, and the Internet, and may be viewed by ET2020 staff and on the Internet by the general public. You acknowledge that the ET2020 Web Sites, the ET2020 products, and other features of the Environment
Technology 2020 Co Web Sites, are for public and not private communications.
- We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit User Materials at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so. If we elect to screen User Materials,
there may be a delay in the posting of such content to allow for a review process. If we have questions about your User Materials, we have the right, but not the duty, to contact you for further information, including, for example, to verify that
you own the copyright or otherwise have the rights to post the User Materials.
- You retain the copyright and other ownership rights in any User Materials that you submit on or through the ET2020 Web Sites. However, by submitting User Materials on or through the ET2020 Web Sites, you hereby grant ET2020, ET2020
member, and other Content Providers, and their respective licensees a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, universe-wide, transferable license to use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform, display, create derivative works of,
host, index, cache, tag, encode, and/or adapt your User Materials in any and all media formats or channels, whether now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the ET2020Web Sites, ET2020 member ,representative, executive
web sites, third party licensee web sites, without payment and without further consent or notice to you. You further grant Environment Technology 2020 Co, its member, and their licensees the right to contact you in connection with your
User Materials and to use your name, city and state and other information that you have provided in connection with the User Materials.
- In addition, you grant each user of the ET2020Web Sites, ET2020 Member Web Sites and other Content Providers Web Sites, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to access your User Materials on or through the ET2020 Web Sites
Sites and/or representative, executive web sites (such as through Content distribution).
- For any User Materials you Submit on or through the ET2020 Web Sites, you agree to abide by the Rules of Use for the Service set forth below, for User Materials Submitted through the Environment Technology 2020 Co; its members or in
- Environment Technology 2020 Co;, does not allow framing of the ET2020 Web Sites.
Links to ET2020 Web Sites
- Environment Technology 2020 Co;, encourages and permits links to content on ET2020 Web Sites. However, ET2020 is an organization committed to the highest scientific and environmental research ethics and standards and to independent,
non-commercial research , both in fact and appearance. Therefore, the linking should not (a) suggest that ET2020 promotes or endorses any third party's causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, or (b) use ET2020 content for
inappropriate commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity. We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
Links to Third Party Sites
- ET2020 has provided links to Internet sites maintained by third parties, over which ET2020 has no control. ET2020 does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and ET2020 is not responsible or liable for the
content, operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. Environment Technology 2020 Co, shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or
loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such sites.
- ET2020's provides or may provide other content feeds on or through the Service, consisting of a selection of scientific information, headlines, summaries or text blurbs, and links to full stories, which are delivered to users using this
technology, other XML (extensible Markup Language) technology, or other syndication technology (individually, a "Content Feed" and collectively, the "Content Feeds”, the use or display does not suggest that ET2020 promotes or endorses
any third party causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, (d) the fundamental meaning of the content contained in the Content Feeds, including the headlines and summaries, is not changed or distorted, and you do not modify the
stories or other content that are linked to by the Content Feeds. If you display an entire Content Feed on your personal or Corporation web site, weblog or similar application, (a) you may not redistribute the Content Feed, and (b) you must
provide attribution to ET2020 or the relevant Content Feed provider adjacent to the Content Feed, by including "ET2020 Headlines" or "ET2020" or the name of the relevant Content Feed provider in text adjacent to the Content Feed. Any
other use of ET2020's trademarks, or products, service marks, the names or service marks of any Content Feed provider, or of the Content Feeds requires the prior written permission of Environment Technology 2020 Co. For permission
Feeds and to require that you cease accessing or using the Content Feeds, or any content contained in the Content Feeds at any time for any reason.
- ET2020 reserves the right, related to all users to access certain content, including audio, text, images and other content on the ET2020Web Sites, ET2020 products Web Sites, and other Content Provider Web Sites.
- If you have registered and sponsoring with ET2020, you may use the API Content for personal, non-commercial use, or for the noncommercial online use by a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Corporation; provided that (a) your use is for non-
promotional, internet-based purposes only, including desktop gadgets, blog posts and widgets, but excluding e-newsletters; (b) all links to API Content redirect the user to the ET2020 or ET2020 products or other Content Web Sites when
the user clicks on them. All audio must be streamed from the originating servers (through direct links that redirect the user to the ET2020 or ET2020 representative or other Content Provider Web Sites); (c) the date of all API Content is
displayed with that content; (d) your use or display of API Content must not suggest that ET2020 , its representative or any Content Provider promotes or endorses you or any third party or the causes, ideas, web sites, products or services of
you or any third party; (e) you shall not modify any API content, headlines, links or metadata included in the API Content; (f) you shall not use the API Content in any way that changes or distorts the fundamental meaning of the content; (g)
you may use only a limited amount of content from the API; you may not re-create the ET2020 Web Sites, NPR Member Web Sites, or any Content Provider Websites or any portion thereof; (h) you must provide attribution for the content
source (ET2020, ET2020 executive or other Content Provider) and provide a link back to the API Content source's web site; and (i) you may not insert any intermediate page, splash page or other content between the links and the applicable
API Content source's web page.
- ET2020 reserves the right to include or apply sponsorship to any API Content and to track usage of the API Content.
Rules for Use of the Service
- By using the Service, including by registering for the Service, participating in the ET2020 Evergreen Our Future Crusade, Submitting User Materials through the ET2020 Contact Us, the Contact Us page or other means, using Content Feeds,
API Content, or by using any other features of the ET2020 Web Sites, you agree to the following rules:
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to register for or participate in the ET2020 Evergreen Our Future Crusade, features of the ET2020 Web Sites; submit any User Materials or personally-identifying information on or through the
ET2020 Web Sites; participate in any online contests; and/or order transcripts, or place an order on the ET2020 Online Shop. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you may browse the ET2020 Web Sites or register for email newsletters or
other features of the Service (excluding the ET2020 Evergreen Our Future Crusade) with the consent of your parent(s) or guardian(s), so long as you do not submit any User Materials. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any
information about yourself, including your name, address or email address. If we discover that we have collected any personally-identifying information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information from our database as
soon as possible.
- You may not submit any User Materials anonymously or under a false name or a false e-mail address. You may not impersonate another user or provide any false information about yourself.
- You may not submit any User Materials or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law, harmful to children, in
violation of third party privacy rights, or that constitutes hate speech or a personal attack.
- You may only submit User Materials for which you have the copyright or other necessary rights and permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties, including copyright, patent,
trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, moral or proprietary rights. You promise and represent that you own or have all necessary rights and permissions to use, distribute and authorize Environment Technology 2020 Co, ET2020
- The Service can only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. You cannot submit any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods and services, or recruiting. You may not use the ET2020
Web Sites, the ET2020 sponsor Websites or other Content Provider Web Sites for political campaigning recruiting votes, or soliciting support for legislative or other initiatives.
- You may not submit any software or other material which contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents, programs or device. You may not use the Service to distribute chain letters, mass mailings,
"spam," or duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws, or to gather usernames and/or e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other communications to other users of the Service.
- You may not interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the ET2020 Web Sites, ET2020 sponsor Web Sites, or other Content Provider Web Sites, or any portion or contents thereof, or use these Web Sites in any way which
degrades their reliability, speed or operation, or their underlying hardware or software. In addition you may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to these Web Sites or related systems, publications, network, private or governmental entity.
Materials as set forth above in the "User Materials" section.
- You are solely responsible for any User Materials submitted using your account. ET2020 does not and cannot review all User materials submitted by you or others and is not responsible for any User materials submitted by you or others on or
through the Service. However, ET2020 has the right (but not the obligation) to review, screen, delete, edit and/or move any User Materials that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Rules for Use of the Service, (for User
- ET2020 is not responsible or liable for any User Materials submitted by you or a third party, including any User Materials, on or through the Service. ET2020 cannot verify the accuracy of statements that users make or place on or through the
Service, and does not guarantee that any User Materials have been submitted with the permission of the copyright or proprietary owner or are otherwise in compliance with the Rules for Use of the Service.
- By using the ET2020 Service, you agree to abide by these rules. You acknowledge that ET2020 has the right (but not the obligation) to review, screen, delete, edit or move content or material that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be in violation
of the Rules for Use of the Service; or for any other reason, in its sole discretion. You further acknowledge that ET2020 has the right to limit or terminate your or any other person's, access to or registration in the Service for any reason, in its
- You represent and warrant that (a) if you Submit any User Materials or personally-identifying information on or through the Service, you are at least 18 years of age, (b) you have obtained all clearances, releases, licenses and rights to any User
Materials you Submit on or through the Service that may be necessary for their use as contemplated by the ET2020 Web Sites and these Term of Use, (c) there are no encumbrances or restrictions on the User Materials or their use as
expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from (1) your breach of any of the above representations and warranties, (2) your use of the Service, (3) the User Materials you have Submitted on or through the Service, or (4) ET2020
scientific technical reports, distribution or use of such User Materials, or the authorized publication, distribution or use of your User Materials by ET2020, licensees, and users.
- THE SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, USER MATERIALS, FEATURES OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OR SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ET2020 DOES NOT WARRANT THAT
THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOR DOES ET2020 MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE OR ENDORSE, RECOMMEND, OR MAKE ANY
WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF, ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, USER MATERIALS, FEATURES, SERVICE, PRODUCTS, OPINIONS, OR STATEMENTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH
THE SERVICE OR THROUGH LINKS ON THE SERVICE. USE OF THIS SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- CONTENT ON THE ET2020 WEB SITES IS NOT INTENDED TO SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND. IN PARTICULAR, NOTHING CONTAINED ON THE ET2020 WEB SITES IS OR SHOULD BE CONSIDERED, OR USED
AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING
PERSONAL HEALTH OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS. NEVER DISREGARD OR AVOID PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THE et2020 WEB SITES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- IN NO EVENT WILLET2020, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS OR THIRD PARTY, SUCH SPONSORS, VIDEO PRODUCERS AND PROVIDERS BE LIABLE (A) FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL,
INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, (B) RELATING TO ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OR SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR (C) IN
CONNECTION WITH ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR MATERIALS (INCLUDING USER MATERIALS) OR THE DEFAMATORY, INFRINGING, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT WILL ET2020, ITS
DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS OR THIRD PARTY SUCH SPONSOR OR VIDEO PRODUCERS AND PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF $100.
RIGHT TO CHANGE ET2020 WEB SITES
- ET2020 has the right to change the ET2020 Web Sites, terminate or cease providing the ET2020 Web Sites, or delete content, materials or features in any way, at any time or for any reason or no reason.
- In the event a product available on or through the ET2020 Shop is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, ET2020 will have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Your receipt of
an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify ET2020's acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of ET2020's offer to sell. ET2020 reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or
decline your order for any reason. ET2020 may charge and withhold the applicable sales tax for orders. Otherwise, you are solely responsible for all sales taxes, or other taxes, on orders shipped to you.
- ET2020 respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement by any content or material on the ET2020 Web Sites, please provide the following
information in writing to ET2020's Copyright.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information so that we can contact you, such as address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- If you believe that any content or materials you posted, uploaded or Submitted to the ET2020 Web Sites, that were subsequently removed from the ET2020 Web Sites, or to which access was disabled, were improperly removed or disabled,
please provide the following Counter-Notification to ET2020 's Copyright.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- A description of the materials that have been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your name, address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person
who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
- The Service is controlled and operated within the United States. ET2020 makes no representation that content, materials or products available on or through the Service are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you
access the Service from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including local laws regarding online conduct and content and U.S. export laws and regulations.
ENVIRONMENT TECHNOLOGY Corp
Copyright 2014 Environment Technology Corp. All rights reserved